Monday, June 17, 2013

Loreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation

I was quite surprised when I walked into Rite-Aid looking for a specific product only sold there and saw this new foundation. The Loreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder was something I'd not seen or heard of before. I watch a lot of YouTube beauty channels, and it's pretty rare that I haven't heard of something before I see it in the store. Rite-Aid's aren't as prevalent in my part of town as CVS, and I was happy to see that they had a great selection of products I'd been searching for elsewhere.

The Loreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation comes in a glass bottle and contains .9 fluid ounces of product. I bought the lightest shade 310 Light Ivory. This product contains SPF 18, which isn't enough for me but I guess is better than nothing. When you shake the bottle you can hear that it's very liquidy. I can say without hesitation that I do not like the packaging. I wonder since the product is so fluid if it couldn't have been put in a pump bottle for some reason. With this foundation you have to either pour a small amount into a dish (it would run off of a flat surface), or dab it onto your finger then apply it to your face in dots. It's hard to say what would be a better packaging option, but I find myself having to do lots of dabs.

Aside from the packaging, I really like this foundation. It really does feel like magic. It comes out as a liquid but as soon as you blend it onto your skin it feels like magic. I won't say it feels like powder exactly, but almost like velvet or cashmere. It really sinks into your skin well, and doesn't leave any sort of cakey finish. The foundation is a little sheer, but very buildable and natural. Your own skin shows through the foundation, but it evens out your skin tone nicely. The product smells vaguely of alcohol, but I only notice it if I smell straight from the bottle. I threw away my receipt, but I believe I purchased this product for $12. I couldn't find it on the Rite-Aid website, but on the Target website it retails for $10.99 and says it is not sold in stores. I will say the lightest shade I found in the store, 310 light ivory, was a bit too orangey for my skin tone. I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker, but it's not a perfect match. On the Target website there are 11 options for colors, but I don't see the shade I bought listed. This is confusing to me, I didn't realize different stores would carry different shades.

I have applied this several different ways. It's a little hard to explain, I know I keep repeating "magic", but it disappears almost instantly when you blend it in. I've used my Urban Decay blurring brush (which is my go to application for foundation), and it was fine. I also applied using my fingers and had similar results. Like I mentioned before this is a light to medium coverage but pretty buildable. I do follow up with a concealer in my problems errors, which are my cheeks that have a lot of redness, and my dark circles.

Overall, I think this is a great foundation for summer. It really feels like your skin can breathe, and your own skin shows through a little bit more than other foundations I've tried. I think I would re-purchase this product. If you guys have any questions are comments, please leave them below and I'd be happy to get back to you.

 

No comments: