Wednesday, May 29, 2013

PM Skin Care Routine

Some days I feel too exhausted to even take my makeup off at the end of the day, but I always force myself to. I'm constantly searching for new skin care products and trying new things, but I have a few standards I always find myself going back to. My skincare routine differs from day to night. What about yours?

I'm usually trying out a new makeup remover because I'm never overly impressed with my current choice. Right now I'm using the new Maybeline Clean Express The Flash Clean Makeup Removing Lotion (I bought mine at Target for $4.99). I swear they're constantly making product names longer. I usually choose one of those makeup removing solutions that are more fluid and appear separated, then you shake them up before using them. This line also has one of those types of removers, but I thought I'd try something new. For some reason I don't like the lotion as much. It does an ok job removing face makeup, but I feel like I have to scrub a little harder to remove mascara and liquid eyeliner. I don't think I'll be repurchasing this product, but I will try the liquid version after I finish this.

So after removing my makeup I move onto cleansing. To cleanse my face I use my Clarisonic Mia. It's a small machine that uses vibrations to clean your face. The cleanser I'm using right now is by Boscia and it's their Purifying Cleansing Gel. I received this as a gift for Christmas, but you can find it at Sephora where it retails for $26. I'm nearing the end of the bottle and will not be repurchasing this. I find the price tag a bit steep for something that didn't provide me any notable changes in my skin. The next product I use is a toner by the company Boots called expert sensitive gentle refreshing toner. You can find this and other Boots products at your local Target. This toner retails for $4.19 for quite a bit of product. This differs from a lot of toners in that it's alcohol free. I have a lot of redness in my skin, so products made for sensitive skin tend to work well on my skin. Toners are meant to follow cleansers to make sure all your products are thoroughly removed from your skin. I simply spray this on a cotton pad and sweep it over my entire face.

The final steps of my process are eye cream and moisturizer My current eye cream is the Yes to Cucumbers Eye Love Cucumbers Eye Gel and can be found at CVS for $14.99. I've never paid so much for a product that I feel does absolutely nothing. I don't find it helps my dark circles, my fine lines, or hydrating my eye area. You get quite a large amount and I feel like I'll be trying to use it up forever. The moisturizer I'm using was also a gift for Christmas and it was the Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial (retails at Sephora for $48). Sadly this is another product I won't be repurchasing. It gets rave reviews and claims to brighten your complexion. I found the smell of rose too overwhelming, and also found it didn't sink into the skin well. I am trying to use it up, but might end up giving the rest to a friend.

That was a recap of my PM skin care routine. Do you all have similar routines? If you'd like a more in depth review of any of the products I mentioned above please let me know.

 

Random Thoughts:

* Gunshow (new restaurant) recently opened and I can't wait to check it out.

* My dog is getting older and I notice it more each day. This is very hard to see.

* I'd love to enjoy my patio more, but it seems after I clean all the bird poop off daily it is quickly replaced with a new delivery.

 

No comments: