Friday, May 24, 2013

Daytime Skin Care Routine

The past few years I've tried to force myself to take better care of my skin. Growing up, and into my early 20's, I hardly even washed my face at the end of the day. But now I try to take care of my skin, and that means trying new products and figuring out what exactly works best for my face. My skin care routines, both day and night, are constantly changing in small ways. I have a few products I always go back to, but for the most part I try to test out new things. Not to mention that my skin changes throughout the year. In the warmer months I find it's a bit oilier, and in winter I need a little extra moisture in my skin so use a thicker moisturizer. I thought I'd write a little about what I'm currently using and let you guys know if I plan to re-purchase any of the products.

Before I put on my makeup, or even days I skip my makeup, I start by cleansing my face. Because I do a more thorough cleansing in the evenings, I cleanse my face in the morning with Bioderma. Bioderma is a cleansing water. This is the first type of cleansing water I've tried. It cleanses your face without any detergents or irritations. It is a French product and isn't available for purchase at stores (as far as I know), I got mine on Amazon where it retails for $27.01. They do sell other types of cleansing waters at Sephora, and I've heard from others they are comparable. I even saw one at Target yesterday by No. 7 Boots. This product also removes makeup, so can be used at night to take off your products. Bioderma comes in the regular version, which is what I have, and also comes in a version for sensitive skin. It has no fragrance, and looks and feels just like water. I simply take a cotton pad, put a little Bioderma on it, and sweep it over my face. After this I use my eye cream. Right now I'm using up a sample of Origins GinZing eye cream. I got this in a sample pack from Sephora, and have to say I don't think I'll be re-purchasing. I have horrible dark circles, and I really need an eye cream more focused on that. I don't feel as if this would be worth the price ($30) to repurchase. My daytime moisturizer is one of my holy grail products. I use Clinique's Moisture Surge and have to say it's absolutely amazing. I have been using this for years and years. The price point is high, it retails for $37, but a jar of it lasts me a very long time. This is the only moisturizer I've found that truly sinks into the skin effortlessly and quickly. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth and never greasy. After that I'm ready to put on my makeup for the day

I'd love to know what products you guys use to keep your skin in shape. If you all would like to see a more in depth review on any of the products that I've mentioned above please let me know. Check in on a later post to see what products I'm using in my PM skin care routine. Thanks for reading!

 

2 comments:

Key said...

What kind of skin type do you have? I think mine is a combination and I've never had a regular regime either. Help lol.

Jeny said...

I have pretty normal skin that can be a little oily in the summer. I think a good place to start with skincare is a basic cleanse and moisturize. What is the biggest issue you would like to address with your skin?